BioMedica stands against racism and discrimination in all its forms – silent or systemic, blatant or violent. We are all citizens of the world, and we respect and appreciate everyone. We believe we that we can elevate through diversity, and encourage positive engagement.
Production Technologist (full time)
BioMedica Diagnostics is helping people live better lives. It’s more than our vision; it’s what we do. With products and technologies in over 70 countries, BioMedica brings innovation, quality, and affordable diagnostic solutions to an ever-growing group of international partners focused on helping to improve patient outcomes in the fields of Haemostasis and Thrombosis. By collaborating with global researchers and practitioners we help drive progressive health care by bringing diagnostic products and technology to the forefront of medical research in human and animal health.
We are seeking a full-time Production Technologist. Reporting to the Production Technology Manager this is a great opportunity for a hands-on and multi-skilled individual capable of working both independently and as part of dynamic team. BioMedica has experienced significant change and growth in recent years and is seeking an individual who is interested in actively contributing to the continued success of our operations team.
• Formulation/Manufacture of in-vitro diagnostic reagents and components
• Compliance with quality system and workplace safety requirements
• Adherence to and successful execution of production schedules
• Interpretation of product performance data as required
• Maintenance of raw material inventories
• Adherence to an execution of current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and standard operating procedures.
• Updating material usage in ERP system
• Performance of in-process product testing as applicable
• Recognition and troubleshooting of emerging issues
• Interdepartmental collaboration and support
Required Education and Competencies:
• BSc. in Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline or MLT designation with laboratory component.
• 3-5 years of experience in biomedical manufacturing or laboratory setting (or equivalent experience, such as industrial food processing, hospital or reference lab instrument testing)
• Experience in basic laboratory skills and calculation methods
• Familiarity with protein chemistry techniques (purification, conjugation)
• Competent/confident in ability to run and maintain laboratory/production equipment and instruments
• Ability to work under pressure, and adapt to unexpected scheduling changes
• Detail oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Solid team-member
Skills considered an asset:
• Biomedical /health care manufacturing sector experience
• Knowledge of Accpac /Sage software
• Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) Information flow in support of internal systems
• ISO 13485 certification, QMS systems
Benefits of Working at BioMedica Diagnostics:
• Company culture focused on honesty, commitment, quality, and integrity
• Excellent opportunity for career development and growth
• Competitive compensation structure
• Comprehensive benefits plan
• Full time position
Please note: Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required to join Scotia Investments Limited and its operating companies, such as BioMedica Diagnostics Inc.
If this role interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Friday, July 1, 2022.
Technical Specialist (full time)
Are you looking to work in a fast-paced research environment where you will apply your practical skills to a dynamic and growing business? Do you thrive when working with a team of skilled and passionate people? Do you value a company culture focused on honesty, commitment, quality, and integrity? If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team of amazing people!
BioMedica Diagnostics is a proudly Canadian company focusing on thrombosis and haemostasis diagnostic solutions for human and animal health. Our success is predicated on our ability to deliver superior service, quality, and results to those with whom we collaborate, thus contributing to our partners’ ultimate success.
BioMedica Diagnostics’ solid foundation starts with our diverse and talented teams. We continue to look for fresh perspectives to foster innovation and further entrench quality in our solutions. If you are excited by our values, our approach and how we connect with our partners we’d love to hear from you. Here you will find career development, competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefits.
Reporting to the VP of Innovation and Technical Affairs, the Technical Specialist will provide product testing, equipment maintenance, and quality-driven technical support to both our Quality and Research and Development Departments.
• Execute product testing according to established procedures and protocols
• Program, calibrate, monitor, and maintain analyzers and laboratory equipment
• Support investigation and successful resolution of customer issues as required
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies
• BSc/MSc/MT in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biotechnology
• Strong practical knowledge of coagulation
• Competency in finding solutions for overcoming technical obstacles
• Familiarity and knowledge of clinical and research laboratory environments
• High level of professionalism, respect, and courtesy both verbally and in writing
• Detail oriented and exceptional organization skills
• Ability to operate well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
• Strong critical thinking: sound logic, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
BioMedica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Pamela Beck, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 8, 2022.