Director, Contract Manufacturing Business Unit
BioMedica Diagnostics is actively seeking a Director, Contract Manufacturing Business Unit, to fill a new role in our organization. Reporting to the President and CEO this is a great opportunity for a hands-on and multi skilled individual capable of working as part of dynamic team, and is looking for variety, challenge and opportunities for professional growth.
BioMedica has experienced significant change and growth in recent years, and we are seeking someone who is interested in actively contributing to the company’s success.
As the Director, Contract Manufacturing you will:
• Lead the creation, strategic planning and execution of our new Contract Manufacturing Business Unit.
• Define and implement a business development strategy for the new Business Unit that ensures measurable, sustained success.
• Work with the existing Business Development Coagulation team to mine potential opportunities for contract manufacturing and R&D services within the company’s current coagulation portfolio of products and customers.
• Find and secure new contract manufacturing and R&D opportunities in new market segments for BioMedica.
• Work closely with key internal stakeholders to project, plan, and secure opportunities appropriately to ensure sustainable, profitable revenue growth.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Must possess excellent negotiating skills.
• Ability to evaluate opportunities for business process improvement, and assist or manage programs aimed at optimizing quality, efficiency and/or cost.
• Person should be able to work in a team environment and be able to interact with many different internal functional areas and external contacts.
• Requires experience in an ISO environment and QMS experience.
• University degree in a related discipline and 3+ years experience in Sales/Business Development within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical/IVD/Contract Manufacturing industry.
• Professional sales training.
Skills considered an asset:
• Knowledge of Sage software and/or experience in an ERP environment.
• Knowledge of/experience in a Health Canada/FDA environment.
• International business development experience.
Please send your cover letter and CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.