BioMedica Diagnostics is actively seeking an Accounting Coordinator to fill 14-month term role in our organization.
Reporting to the Controller this is a great opportunity for a hands-on and multi skilled individual capable of working as part of dynamic team. BioMedica has experienced significant change and growth in recent years as it consolidated its US and Canadian operations at one facility in Windsor, Nova Scotia. We are seeking someone with an accounting background who is interested in actively contributing to the finance team and looking for variety, challenge and opportunities for professional growth.
As the Accounting Coordinator you will:
- Manage, assist, support and maintain corporate Accounting Systems
- Manage Accounts Receivable, Payable, Banking, HST Reporting and company mail
- Assist with month-end and year-end accounting and audit work
- Assist in General Administration functions
- Liaison with other areas to support and strengthen company operations.
- Serve as an important member of the Finance and Administration team to provide infrastructure support to ensure corporate success
- Manage general accounting functions, JE’s, complete general ledger operations
- Prepare sales tax computations and returns (HST)
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Provide analysis, reconciliations and support in finance and accounting functions
- Provide timely and accurate data entry, processing and reporting
- Ensure and identify compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures; and external regulatory affairs, ISO 13485 and GAAP
- Ensure and identify compliance with internal QMS system and manage Critical Supplier Surveillance
- Post Secondary education or University Degree or related discipline (i.e. Accounting, Business Management/Administration or significant experience).
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Accounting and Financial fields.
- Biomedical /Health Care Manufacturing sector experience are considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strategic thinking & strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Driven and multi skilled individual capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Time management and Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Skills considered an asset:
- Knowledge of Accpac /Sage software
- Finance and Accounting, Administration Disciplines
- Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) Information flow in support of internal systems
- Managing data, multiple sources and flows of information
- ISO 13485 certification, QMS systems
Please send your resume and cover letter to Pat McAloon, Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org.