Director, Contract Manufacturing Business Unit
BioMedica Diagnostics is actively seeking a Director, Contract Manufacturing Business Unit, to fill a new role in our organization. Reporting to the President and CEO this is a great opportunity for a hands-on and multi skilled individual capable of working as part of dynamic team, and is looking for variety, challenge and opportunities for professional growth.
BioMedica has experienced significant change and growth in recent years, and we are seeking someone who is interested in actively contributing to the company’s success.
As the Director, Contract Manufacturing you will:
• Lead the creation, strategic planning and execution of our new Contract Manufacturing Business Unit.
• Define and implement a business development strategy for the new Business Unit that ensures measurable, sustained success.
• Work with the existing Business Development Coagulation team to mine potential opportunities for contract manufacturing and R&D services within the company’s current coagulation portfolio of products and customers.
• Find and secure new contract manufacturing and R&D opportunities in new market segments for BioMedica.
• Work closely with key internal stakeholders to project, plan, and secure opportunities appropriately to ensure sustainable, profitable revenue growth.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Must possess excellent negotiating skills.
• Ability to evaluate opportunities for business process improvement, and assist or manage programs aimed at optimizing quality, efficiency and/or cost.
• Person should be able to work in a team environment and be able to interact with many different internal functional areas and external contacts.
• Requires experience in an ISO environment and QMS experience.
• University degree in a related discipline and 3+ years experience in Sales/Business Development within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical/IVD/Contract Manufacturing industry.
• Professional sales training.
Skills considered an asset:
• Knowledge of Sage software and/or experience in an ERP environment.
• Knowledge of/experience in a Health Canada/FDA environment.
• International business development experience.
Please send your cover letter and CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scotia Investments Family of Companies
Director of Operations – Scotia Recycling
BioMedica’s sister company, Scotia Recycling, is looking for a Director of Operations:
Since 1976, Scotia Recycling has been leading the way in recycling in Atlantic Canada. Now, more than ever, there is increasing awareness around environmental stewardship and sustainability. The imperative for waste reduction and the creation of new, more environmentally friendly products and reduced reliance on plastics are all factors propelling the Company towards its next phase of substantial growth. There has never been a more exciting time to be in this sector.
Reporting to the President and as part of the Management team, the Director of Operations will provide overall leadership and management of the organization’s existing operations including collection and processing of recyclable materials, as well as its secure shredding services. You will also play a key role in the expansion of services from planning through to execution. You will identify key priorities and activities for each of Scotia Recycling’s facilities and consistently monitor and analyze operational performance metrics to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, automation of processes, innovation, capacity utilization and cost containment. You will be accountable for all operational aspects including workforce planning, executing on capital expenditures and budget management, as well as client service activities. You will also play a lead role in ensuring Scotia Recycling is regarded as an industry-leading “green” partner for its clients while achieving the operational and financial goals set by the senior leadership team.
The ideal candidate has a stellar reputation as an innovative leader in change management, a successful track record of implementing practical solutions which increase operational effectiveness and the continuous improvement of processes, practices, and standards, likely within a manufacturing or industrial processing setting. Knowledge in process automation is a must. You have a degree in engineering or business and in-depth knowledge of diverse business functions such as supply chain, client service, people development and new technology implementation. You have a proven ability to maximize efficiencies through well-developed procedures along with the automation of processes which streamline and maximize output. You can effectively manage and adapt to frequent changes, identify, and resolve inefficiencies, and ensure the Company’s facilities operate cost effectively.
You are highly proficient in effectively managing diverse teams at multiple sites and will provide appropriate tools and training to ensure the team’s success. You collaborate successfully with individuals within all levels of an organization and are known for your ability to build relationships and engage effectively with a variety of stakeholders. Your dynamic nature and strong communication skills, along with your proven ability to achieve tangible results, are hallmarks of your success. Experience with material recovery/ handling would be an asset.
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please apply online at https://www.kbrs.ca/Career/14260 . For more information, contact Jeff Forbes at 1-866-822-6022.
We will provide support in the recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation in order to participate as a candidate in the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.